I’m continuing to have a blast with the Layers of Gratitude Paper Pumpkin Kit for February. I love it as designed, but I also love to see what else I can make. Somehow starting with supplies from a pumpkin kit inspires me…my head isn’t so empty of ideas, lol
Snipping the long folded card into quarters makes a perfect little gift card to attach to a package…OR a perfect gift card HOLDER! And my thought is to put a gift card in one of the gift card holders and then package up the rest of the gift card holders in the little box. The recipient then will have three extra little cards to give away. The circle of giving, right!?
And speaking of giving…most of the extra supplies I used to create this project were GIVEN to me by Stampin’ Up! These are all Sale-A-Bration items which we get free with a qualifying order. For each $50 purchased, you get to pick one item. So yes, I spent enough to get three things for free, but who can resist!
- February 2015 Paper Pumpkin Kit supplies
- Best Day Ever Stamp Set (Sale-A-Bration – FREE with qualifying purchase)
- Best Year Ever Designer Series Paper (Sale-A-Bration – FREE with qualifying purchase)
- Best Year Ever Accessory Pack (Sale-A-Bration – FREE with qualifying purchase)
- Envelope Punch Board (p194 Annual Catalog – $19.95)
- Calypso Coral Ink Pad (p181 Annual Catalog – $5.95)
- Coastal Cabana Ink Pad (p179 Annual Catalog – $5.95)
- Crushed Curry Ink Pad (p182 Annual Catalog – $5.95)
- Snail Adhesive (p204 Annual Catalog – $6.95)
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue (p204 Annual Catalog – $3.95)
- Stamp-a-ma-jig (p235 Annual Catalog – $11.95)
- Use Calypso Coral ink and the small shapes from Best Day Ever Stamp Set and randomly stamp on the little box from the kit.
- Use glue in the center of two large Calypso Coral buttons from Accessory Pack and adhere to the box flaps. Set aside to dry. You’ll be wrapping a bit of twine around the buttons so just put glue on the middles of the buttons. Or use a glue dot. You just want to leave a bit of room for the twine to slide under the edge of the button to loosely fasten the box closed.
- Snip one of the long cards from the kit into four pieces, leaving a fold at the top of each little card.
- Stamp Best Day Ever in Calypso Coral.
- Stamp the flower shapes in Crushed Curry. I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement.
- Stamp the flower stems in Coastal Cabana. I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement here too.
- Stamp Happy Birthday inside – I used a stamp from a previous Paper Pumpkin kit!
- Use a bit of twine from the kit and thread four small Calypso Coral buttons from the kit. Tie twine in a bow.
- Adhere a button on the corner of each card.
- Use one sheet of Designer Series Paper and cut into 5.5 x 5.5 squares.
- Use the Envelope Punch Board to make envelopes for 2.5 x 3.5 card size. It’s the third envelope measurement size on the guide.
- Use some adhesive to seal up the edges of the little envelopes.
Who asked what the heck is a Stamp-a-ma-jig? I know someone did! Well it’s the handiest stamping tool on the planet! Watch this video to see!
You want one now, right!? Click here to order it – just $11.95!