New My stepdaughter graduated from Arizona State University this semester – a huge achievement with two small children and a husband (in addition to working full time in a demanding job). I think the Beautiful You stamp set must capture the elation she feels at being FINISHED!
ASU’s school colors are maroon and gold (I used Cherry Cobbler and Crushed Curry).
- Her dress is stamped on some Cherry Cobbler Designer Series Paper (DSP) and then trimmed out like a paper doll dress (also known as paper piecing).
- I wanted her to have a long sleeve dress so it looked a bit more like a graduation robe. I just cut her hands off in the image stamped on the DSP. That sounds awful, doesn’t it?
- The graduation cap is a square of Cherry Cobbler cardstock – about 1/2 inches square. You just have to play with it a bit to get it the right size to cover the stamped hat and not look out of proportion for her body.
- I pulled a few threads from Crushed Curry thick baker’s twine to make her tassel.
- I made the diploma from a 1/2 inch tall scrap of printer paper, rolled up and then tied with a bit of Cherry Cobbler twine.
- Inside I stamped the sentiment, Life looks beautiful on you.
Isn’t this a perfect set for a graduating young woman?
So there’s a funny story with this card. I am always doing things at the last minute, and making this card was one of them. Beautiful You is a two-part stamp set. There are enough stamps that it requires a Set 1 and Set 2. I go to use my new stamp set and to my dismay, this is what I see in BOTH sets:
Now mind you, Stampin’ Up will fix this problem for me…but I needed the OTHER stamps from the set immediately! Luckily, my upline Lorri Heiling lives right down the street. She let me borrow her set (again) and I was able to bring my idea to life and make it to the graduation party on time.
Click here to order the Beautiful You stamp set.